My Kind of Bibimbap



My first attempt on Bibimbap was nothing special, but it did hit different in my appetite.

I woke up one day, really craving for bigger and some spicy meals. To my surprise, i was really craving this meal.



Let's get to the ingredients I've used and found in my kitchen:

For the SPICES:
•Gochujang
•Pepper
•Garlic Powder
•Chili Flakes
•Chili Powder
•Paprika
•Cumin
•Cajun
(I may have gotten a bit overboard on the spice, but I liked it)

For the Toppings:
•Yellow Squash
•Cucumber
•Mini Pepper
•Carrots
•Zucchini
•Meat, fish, or any other protein of choice
•Spinach
•Sesame Seeds 
•Egg
(You can put as many or as less toppings as you like!)

For my Base:
RICE!!!


How I did it:
  1. Prep your food. From the equipment to the herbs and veggies. Trust me, it saves you time, mess, and space.
  2. Once everything's prepped, work on the most time consuming part of the cooking. For this dish, I find cutting and prepping vegetables more time consuming than the other preps.

You have Two options on prepping your veggies! You either

Sauté it

OR

Pickle it! 

this recipe demonstrates how to pickle veggies. Click HERE)

In this prep, I did pickle my veggies, because I was just curious about the taste of it. The only thing I sautéed on this prep is the meat I used. 

Okay 😊  Now that's done...

  1. I got my bowl ready.
  2. I added a little bit of oil in the bowl ( i used sesame oil), and combined the spices and the Gochujang.
  3. Then threw in my chunk of rice. 
  4. I placed the bowl in the microwave and cooked it for 1:20mins (Yes, 60 seconds and 20 extra seconds.)
  5. While that's cooking, I did cook my egg, and also cooked the spiced meat.
  6. Once the rice is heated, I mixed it well.
  7. Placed my egg on top, and started adding the colorful toppings surrounding the egg.
  8. Topped that with sesame seed and


BOOM! There's my kind of Bibimbap :)



You don't have to exactly follow the ingredients I use above. As long as you get creative on the spices and toppings, that's all that matters! Creating this bibimbap with whatever I had in my pantry and fridge really made the cooking super fun and delicious on my part. It probably doesn't taste as the Original bibimbap style, but the dish I made was comforting enough to satisfy my craving and hunger.



Wondering about some things???
⇊⇊⇊

Wanna learn more about Bibimbap History? Click HERE

What about the Benefits of this dish? Then Click HERE

Why Pickling? Hope this blog HERE can enlighten your question.

Calorie Serving? Oooh, get to know that HERE!












No comments

Post a Comment