Quick Beef Soba


Now that I'm exploring more in the Kitchen (and my mom's fridge too), I get amazed at the ingredients I find and what I can do with them.

The photo on top is my Quick Beef Soba. I say it's quick, because only used a few ingredients and it was not difficult to make as well.



Let me share you my ingredients:

•Organic Soba
•Sirloin
•Yellow Squash
•Zucchini
•Cilantro
•Garlic
•Beef bouillon (1/2 cube)
•Water

~Key to Cooking: Prep your ingredients. Cut and prepare them based on your liking. It saves you lots of time on the actual cooking process. I find it less messy as well. ~

How did I start off?

  1. I cooked the noodles first. The organic soba I bought gave me the option to add salt and oil while boiling so i did that.
  2. Once the soba's well cooked, I placed it in a bowl. Now I work on the soup part.

For the Soup/Broth part:

  1. I used a small/medium sized pan. I massaged it with Sesame oil before cooking
  2. Now my pan is massaged with oil, I placed it on a medium heat stove, and wait till it's hot.
  3. How do i know the pan's hot? I splashed some water on it. Once it sizzles, my pan's ready for cooking.
  4. I threw in my garlic. Let it cook for about 2 -3 mins.
  5. After the garlic goes my meat. I wanted to make sure that the beef is well cooked. I let that cook for another 2 - 3 mins.
  6. Once I noticed my pan's getting dry, I add water to it. Let it simmer again
  7. I then add the beef bouillon cube. let that melt and add water as soon as the pan dries up again.
  8. As soon as the bouillon melts. I let that simmer for another 2 mins.
  9. Then I threw in the sliced veggies and simmered it for another two minutes.
  10. For more liquid in the broth, I added more water in the pan and let it boil and simmer.

My food's cooked! Now what?

  1. I started removing the meat and the veggies from the pan, and placed them on the noodles. 
  2. Once the topping part is complete, I showered the food with the broth.

That's it! My food's good to go!😋




Now HOLD UP? Did you say, you used A PAN for the broth?
-Yes! I did. 
-The serving size was for me only. Using a pan was just easier for me to hold it and control the cooking as well. You can use a HUGE pot if you cook for more than 2 people of course ! :)

Did you use any measurements?
-No i did not.
-I estimated it on the size of the ingredients only, and how much meat/veggies/noodles I can eat. 
-My ingredients change all the time, since I only use whatever I can find in the fridge and kitchen. For example, my noodles don't have to be Organic Soba. It could be Misua or pasta, or whatever noodles I have in our kitchen. Same thing with using meat or vegetables.

Get creative! Don't waste food!

Most importantly, eat healthy and take care! 💕

No comments

Post a Comment